Zaleski Backpack Trail Click here for Zaleski backpack brochure PDF, Click here for Zaleski Forest Map
Zaleski State Forest
P.O. Box 330, S.R. 278
Zaleski, Ohio 45698-0330
The Zaleski State Forest is the second largest forest in the system. The Zaleski State Forest Backpack Trail was established on the forest to provide backpacking opportunities as well as to introduce some scenic and historic aspects of the forest. The main trail is a loop of 23.5 miles. There is also a 10-mile day loop trail.
General Forest Rules
- Zaleski State Forest is open to visitors between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. daily. Legal campers, hunters, and anglers may be present during other hours.
- Operation of motor vehicles is restricted to roads provided for such travel. The speed limit on state forest roads is 30 mph unless otherwise posted. Vehicles may not be parked where traffic or access to division service roads or trails will be obstructed.
- Horses may be ridden only along forest roads or on designated bridle trails.
- Fires are not permitted except in grills or fire rings provided or in portable stoves. Fires must be attended at all times.
- Litter must be disposed of in receptacles provided.
- Camping is permitted only in areas provided and designated for such use.
- Public display or consumption of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited.
- Disturbance, defacement, or destruction of any property, material, natural feature, or vegetation is prohibited. Berries, nuts, and mushrooms may be gathered and removed except from tree seed orchards or posted areas.